Applications for are now closed for the AW23 Zalando Sustainability Award.
COPENHAGEN FASHION WEEK
AW23, 31ST JANUARY - 3RD FEBRUARY 2023
Zalando and Copenhagen Fashion Week is honored to present the next edition of the Zalando Sustainability Award. Following the success of the last four seasons, it is with great pleasure and excitement that we invite you to submit an application to be considered for the award. Please be aware that we can only accept applications from apparel brands and not pure accessory or swimwear brands.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The finalists and winner will be rewarded with the following:
- As part of the award process, the three finalists for the Zalando Sustainability Award will showcase their collections at the FW show venue and will be awarded 185.000 DKK / 25.000 Euro as support in production costs for the show (this will be a one off payment made by Zalando to brand February 4th) This payment can be made direct to the appointed production agency.
- As part of the show production Zalando will appoint a project manager to the finalist brands to help support with the planning process.
- Zalando will also handle associated fees for fashion show guest management, Zalando venue cost and videographer/photographer on the ground. The 25.000 euro Zalando payment will cover production, logistics, travel, HMU and set design (including lighting and sound).
The Winning Brand
- The winning brand will partner with Zalando in developing an exclusive capsule collection with a sustainability focus including the piloting of innovative solutions around materials, production processes, technological solution, traceability etc. The project will be a joint decision between the brand and Zalando. Zalando will commit to market the collaboration in organic and paid channels.
- The winning brand will receive an offer from Zalando to buy a broad selection of the showcased collection making it available in the 25 Zalando markets to more than 49 million active customers.
- The winning brand will be onboarded to the Zalando platform (if not yet available at Zalando).*
- The winning brand will receive a monetary prize of 150.000 DKK / 20.000 Euro.
- The winning brand will be invited to join Zalando’s internal influencer programme dedicated to Sustainability - The Academy.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10.10.22
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
At Zalando, we set minimum requirements for all the brands we work with. These are: Code of Conduct, Sustainable Sourcing Policy, Animal Welfare Policy, Product & Content Guidelines and Restricted Substances List. In addition, brands wishing to market sustainability collections need to fulfil our sustainability criteria for all products. The brands will have to provide detailed documentation confirming that each SKU in the collection shown during SS23 lives up to one or several of Zalando’s sustainability criteria.
Please complete the entry form to enter the Zalando Sustainability Award.