Zalando and Copenhagen Fashion Week join forces to accelerate sustainable development in the fashion industry
Copenhagen Fashion Week is proud to announce its continued partnership with Zalando for the second year as strategic partner. The two parties come together in their dedication to accelerate sustainability in the fashion industry.
With Zalando and Copenhagen Fashion Week having committed to ambitious sustainability targets, the partnership is an exciting signal for the partnership ahead around sustainable change. Zalando revealed their do.MORE strategy in October 2019 with the vision to be a sustainable fashion platform with a net-positive impact for people and the planet. One part of the strategy is to continuously increase ethical standards and by 2023 only work with partners who align with them. To this end, Zalando has made sustainability assessments mandatory for both its private labels and partner brands. Copenhagen Fashion Week unveiled its Sustainability Action Plan at the start of 2020, which announced its ambition to transition and develop into a pioneering industry platform. Outlining targets across not only the event itself but also setting minimum standards for all participating brands by 2023, the Sustainability Action Plan aims to push the fashion industry to implement necessary and comprehensive change.
Together, both Zalando and Copenhagen Fashion Week will align across these three year action plans in order to leverage impactful change.
“We are very proud to enter into a partnership with Copenhagen Fashion Week - a partner that shares our ambition to drive collective change towards sustainability in the fashion industry. Collaboration is in the DNA of Zalando and with more than 45 Million customers in 23 markets and more than 4500 brands on our platform, we want to use our scale and innovative technology to raise the bar and with Copenhagen Fashion Week, we have a strong partner in the European fashion ecosystem”, says David Schneider, co-CEO of Zalando SE.
Zalando Launches New Search for the Next Zalando Sustainability Award Winner
Copenhagen Fashion Week is honoured to present the Zalando Sustainability Award for the AW22 edition of fashion week. Following the success of the last two seasons, it is with great pleasure and excitement that we invite brands to apply for a nomination as one of the three finalists for the award.
Zalando hosts the sustainability award to celebrate and reward brands with a strong sustainability agenda. The three finalists, selected by a jury and the Copenhagen Fashion Week Show Committee, will be allowed to show for free in the official venue, which is hosted by Zalando in partnership with Copenhagen Fashion Week. Zalando are excited to connect with brands to facilitate collaborations that drive positive change across the industry.
One winner will be selected from the three finalists to produce an exclusive collection with Zalando and will be awarded a cash prize to help them further their success.
APPLICATIONS FOR AW22 ARE NOW OPEN UNTIL 26TH OCTOBER
The winner will be rewarded with the following:
- To partner with Zalando in developing an exclusive capsule collection with a sustainability focus including the piloting of innovative solutions around materials, production processes, technological solution, traceability etc. The project will be a joint decision between the brand and Zalando. Zalando will commit to market the collaboration in organic and paid channels.
- An offer from Zalando to buy a broad selection of the showcased collection making it available in the 23 Zalando markets to more than 45 million active customers.
- The brand will be offered to be onboarded to the Zalando platform (if not yet available at Zalando).
- A monetary prize of 150.000 DKK / 20.000 Euro
- As part of the award process, the three finalists for the Zalando Sustainability Award will showcase their collections at the show venue and will be awarded 185.000 DKK / 25.000 Euro as support in production costs for the show (this will be a one off payment made by Zalando to the brand once confirmed as a finalist)
- As part of the show production Zalando will appoint a project manager for the brand to help support with the planning process. Zalando will also handle associated fees for Fashion Show Guest management and venue cost
- The winner of the Zalando Sustainability Award will be invited to join Zalando’s internal influencer programme dedicated to Sustainability - The Academy
Copenhagen Fashion Week proudly announced its three-year partnership with Zalando as strategic partner in 2020. The two parties come together in their dedication to accelerate sustainability in the fashion industry with both having committed to ambitious sustainability targets - an exciting signal for the sustainable change ahead.
Copenhagen Fashion Week unveiled its Sustainability Action Plan at the start of 2020, which announced its ambition to transition and develop into a pioneering industry platform. Outlining targets across not only the event itself but also setting minimum standards for all participating brands by 2023, the Sustainability Action Plan aims to push the fashion industry to implement necessary and comprehensive change.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26th OCTOBER 2021 .
At Zalando, we set minimum requirements for all the brands we work with. These are: Code of Conduct, Sustainable Sourcing Policy, Animal Welfare Policy, Product & Content Guidelines and Restricted Substances List. In addition, brands wishing to market sustainability collections need to fulfil our sustainability criteria for all products. The brands will have to provide documentation confirming that the full collection lives up to one or several of Zalando’s sustainability criteria.
Please complete the entry form on the CHFW application page, to enter the Zalando Sustainability Award.